Contact Stacey White or Shane Stennes in the Office of Sustainability to volunteer for any of these opportunities or to pitch your own idea! Email email@example.com for more information or details.
1. Farmers Market July - October 11:00am - 2:00pm every Wednesday
- Work with the It All Adds Up Brand Ambassadors to talk with market attendees about sustainable shopping options like reusable bags.
2. West Bank Community Garden
- Work with the students who started and run the first ever student run organic farm on the West Bank. Times TBD.
- Work with students and staff on the U’s organics farm on the St. Paul campus. Times TBD.
4. Any Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 3:30pm for a minimum of 2 hours
- Work at UMN Recycling warehouse in Como area to learn about sorting process and recycling of paper, bottles, cans, trash, electronics, and everything else that is disposed of on campus.
5. Monday - Friday and 1st Saturday of the month 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Work with UMN ReUse Program to collect, categorize, and redistribute discarded surplus university property to staff, students, and the public
- Grant writing for the U’s ReUse Program general promotion
- Research grant opportunities and write grants
6. During all Gopher football home games throughout the season
- Work with UMN Recycling team to set up the tailgating lots, distribute recycling and organics collections bags to fans, and collect bags throughout the tailgating lots before the game kick off
- During and after the game sort recyclable materials left by tailgaters
7. From gates open through half-time at all Gopher home games:
- Work with UMN Office of Sustainability at the It All Adds Up booth inside the stadium to share zero waste facts about the stadium, sustainable construction, and landscaping around the stadium.
8. Fall semester; various times TBD
- Work with M Dining at a Weigh the Waste event in one of the residence hall dining rooms to measure the U’s food waste and create awareness with diners about our local and national food waste issues.
9. Work with UMN Recycling at buildings across campus to implement organics collection pilot and program implementation.
10. Sustainability Film Series. During the Spring Semester, help set up and run a sustainability film on-campus from 5-9pm